Joe Buck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 11:05:20AM -0800, David Daney wrote:
| > Roberto Bagnara wrote:
| > >
| > >Hmmm, it says nothing about the remainder.  Can some Google guru
| > >suggest how to prove or disprove the claim that what we are
| > >talking about is wildly known?
| > >

| > The point really is not how widely/wildly known the issue is.  Really
| > the thing we consider on gcc@ is:  What is the 'best' thing for GCC and
| > the GCC developers to do.
| >
| > I don't claim to speak for others, but until now this issue has not
| > seemed all that pressing.  And it still doesn't.
|
| We can talk about this forever, but how about moving to a resolution?

seconded.

| First off, is there a PR for this bug?

I believe this is target/30484.

Ian, do you believe something along the line of

 # > I mean, could not we generate the following for "%":
 # >
 # >     rem a b :=
 # >       if abs(b) == 1
 # >          return 0
 # >       return <machine-instruction> a b
 #
 # On x86 processors that have conditional moves, why not do the equivalent
 # of
 #
 #         neg_b = -b;
 #         cmov(last result is negative,neg_b,b)
 #         __machine_rem(a,b)
 #
 # Then there's no disruption of the pipeline.

is workable for the affected targets?

-- Gaby