On 7/12/07, John David Anglin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The next scheduled GCC 4.2.x release is GCC 4.2.1 on July 13th.

PR 32199 is a regression in behavior from 4.2.0.  Although a libjava
build regression is probably not sufficient justification to block
the scheduled release, the change that triggered this regression
has nothing to do the java/libjava.

Except it was done to fix insane times compiling other things. It is a
traditional time/space tradeoff for an extremely large file.
I warned at the point I committed it that it may cause issues.
It has indeed caused memory issues on some platforms.
I'm working on some more memory usage reduction for points-to.
Though at some point i can't backport everything in 4.3 into 4.2 to
make it work like 4.3 does.