Andrew> My suggestion is that we build jc1 but not libgcj by default.
Andrew> HOWEVER, we build libgcj on the autobuilders and make very sure that
Andrew> if anyone breaks the libgcj build they have to fix their breakage,
Andrew> even tho it's not part of the default build.  That will prevent most
Andrew> of the bitrot while we figure out how to go forward.

Good idea.

Maybe instead of removing libgcj from the default builds, we can just
say that maintainers can --disable-libjava for regression testing
purposes.  This would make testers continue to test libgcj by default.

Tom