Jason Merrill wrote:

> It isn't such a corner case, unfortunately; any code that tries to
> overload on multiple vector sizes (i.e. MMX and SSE vectors) will break.
>  See bug 12909 and its duplicates.  This is becoming more of a problem
> with the advent of the Intel AVX extension.

This still seems a lot of complexity to me, and I still think inserting
a new version between 2 and 3 is odd.  If we need the complexity, I
think we have to introduce a new orthogonal option for vector mangling,
independent of the ABI version, but implied by ABI version > 4.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery