On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 09:32:38PM +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Do you need anything to test the patch before it is applied, or did you
> mean to test it when it has been applied?  (To test this patch that does
> not include regenerated files, apply it, then
>   find $srcdir -name configure | while read f; do
>     (cd $(dirname $f) && autoconf)
>   done

Ralf,
   Are you sure one doesn't have to do any magic with the autoconf files
to make sure that the proper config directories are used. Ages ago when
we regenerating configure in the fink gcc42 packages, we had to use...

cd boehm-gc
autoconf -I .. -I ../config
cd ../libjava
autoconf  -I . -I .. -I ../config

etc to make sure that the toplevel config directory was included
for the multilib bits.
                Jack