* Jack Howarth wrote on Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 10:15:59PM CET:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 09:32:38PM +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >
> > Do you need anything to test the patch before it is applied, or did you
> > mean to test it when it has been applied?  (To test this patch that does
> > not include regenerated files, apply it, then
> >   find $srcdir -name configure | while read f; do
> >     (cd $(dirname $f) && autoconf)
> >   done

>    Are you sure one doesn't have to do any magic with the autoconf files
> to make sure that the proper config directories are used. Ages ago when
> we regenerating configure in the fink gcc42 packages, we had to use...

Yeah, you're right that in general, more regeneration is needed.
I typically let --enable-maintainer-mode do that job, but a recheck
triggered by 'make' reuses the cache files from the first configure.
(That only regenerates the directories used during that build, of
course.)

With --enable-maintainer-mode, GCC trunk should have all rebuild rules
and dependencies in place.

Cheers,
Ralf