Joe Buck wrote:

> If someone wants to volunteer to write an article about all the delicious
> goodness of 4.5.0, that would be cool, and lwn.net and others would
> be interested in publishing such a thing.  But the RMs have enough work
> to do as is, so it shouldn't be up to Mark to produce a beautifully
> written "white paper".

I sent a version of the release announcement to lwn.net late last week.
 I've not heard back yet, but they've usually found major GCC releases
news-worthy.  I generally also get asked to do some press interaction
after the release gets out there.  I promoted GCC 4.5.0 at the Linux
Foundation Collaboration Summit last Friday in San Francisco.  So,
you're right, I'm not writing a beautiful white paper, but I'm very
happy to promote GCC.  (Since I don't get to write much code these days,
that may be the most useful thing for me to do.)

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery