Paolo Carlini <paolo.carl...@oracle.com> writes:

> On 06/07/2010 10:31 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> The question we face now is: are we willing to change our process in
>> order to improve it?
> Maybe. Currently, I have zero problems with it.

I understand that you have no problems with the current process.  As I
said in the e-mail to which you are replying, the problems arise for
people who are not familiar with the process.  It is difficult for
people who are not regular gcc contributors to contribute to gcc.  I
think it is important for the long-term health of the project for us
to continue looking for ways to lower the barriers for new
contributors.

>>   And, if we are willing, is this specific change
>> a reasonable one to make?
>>
> No.

Can you expand?  What kinds of process changes would be reasonable to
make?

Ian