On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 10:08 -0400, NightStrike wrote:

> You guys need to realize how online identities work in this century.

Everyone realize that.

But you (whoever you really are) should also realize that to submit
patches and have them accepted, you need to have some legal papers done
with the FSF (copyright transfer or disclaimer, see the "legal
prerequisites" section of http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html at first).
And I would be very surprised if the FSF accepted a legal paper without
a real legal name.

So the simplest way is just to submit code with your real name &
identity.

And are you so ashamed of your source code or of your name to want to
keep in hidden while contributing to GCC?

Notice that nobody asks you to contribute to GCC, you apparently seems
to want to contribute (but I am not sure of that, maybe you don't care
about GCC at all - this is perfectly your right.).

You definitely could find that the legal prerequisites are inadequate
(and I could even perhaps partly agree on that; my personal perception
is that they are a little bit too strong, but I am not a lawyer, and not
a US citizen), however, they are the rule of the GCC game (which nobody
forces you to play).

While I do understand the reasons people want to hide with a pseudonym
on many forums (or social sites), I don't understand why someone want to
hide his identity when contributing to GCC (and therefore, after having
done the legal work of getting the legal papers signed...).

Cheers.