> The free software community works on a web of trust and personal
> relationships.  If you prefer to remain pseudonymous, then you must
> accept that you will not be at the center of that web.

I agree.  Openness is an important part of the free software community
and I don't believe that applies only to source code.  I think it's important
that the community know the people within it.

I reject the analogy with social forums, where anonymity has indeed become
an important part of Internet culture.  This is a professional, not a
social, community.  Nobody would expect to be able to work on software
development for a company if they refused to give their real name.  I don't
see why they should expect to be able to be part of the free software
community under similar circumstances.