On 11/18/2010 07:50 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Rainer Orth wrote on Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 09:15:55PM CET:
* One cannot -lm to libquadmath_la_LIBADD since that gets passed to nm,
   which doesn't know (and doesn't need to be run) -lm.
That's a bug in the rule using nm then, though.

[...]
Using *_LDFLAGS for -l flags is wrong though because it might mess up
the ordering of libraries, at least for static linking.  You might get
away with this here because -lm is probably added from some other bit as
well, but in general that is not a good idea.

Do you have a better suggestion?

And, do you have time to review my patch at:

Regarding the first part, i.e. whether libquadmath should only be build with Fortran or always, there is no consensus; so far I only saw two definite statements and a couple of no-opinions and a maybe-not, though for the latter it was not clear to me whether it was due to the build issues or going beyond. -- However, I am more interested in the second part, i.e. getting libquadmath to build with cross compilers and under Solaris.

Tobias