On 6-Apr-13, at 3:16 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM, John David Anglin wrote:
On 6-Apr-13, at 12:25 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:

Are there any reasons against removing !TARGET_BIG_SWITCH support? It
would really help if this code can go away...

Yes, branch distances are limited to what can be encoded in a
17-bit pc relative offset.
Large code will break with !TARGET_BIG_SWITCH.

That would be a reason why !TARGET_BIG_SWITCH *can* go away ;-)

TARGET_BIG_SWITCH i.e. -mbig-switch is the default for all hppa
targets since your 2004 patch. !TARGET_BIG_SWITCH i.e. -mno-big-switch
is not tested in the test suite and probably not used by anymore. And
it's the -mno-big-switch that's causing me headaches.

I was mixed up on which option was causing grief.  "-mno-big-switch"
can go.  Probably, nobody will notice...

Dave
--
John David Anglin       dave.ang...@bell.net