Martin Jambor <mjam...@suse.cz> writes:

> Therefore I would like to ask all seasoned GCC contributors who would
> like to mentor a GSoC student to send a reply to this thread with their
> idea for a project.  If you have an idea but you do not want to be a
> mentor then I will consider it only if it is really interesting, really
> specific (e.g. improving -O2 -g *somehow* is not specific) and I would
> have to be reasonably confident I'd find a good mentor for it.  So far I
> have the following ideas from the IRC discussion:

Here's an idea:

fuzzers like csmith are fairly good at finding compiler bugs.  But they
only generate standard C, but no extensions. gcc has many extensions,
which are not covered. It would be good to extend a fuzzer like csmith
to fuzz extensions like OpenMP, __attributes__, vector
extensions, etc. Then run the fuzzer and report
compiler bugs.

I'm not a seasoned gcc contributor, but would be willing to mentor
such a project.

-Andi