On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 12:12:49PM +0000, Richard Earnshaw (lists) wrote:
> On 09/01/2020 02:38, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> >Where and when and by who was it decided to use this conversion?
> >
> >Will it at least be *tested* first?
>
> Tested for what?

Acceptance test, of course, the only test that matters.  I.e. the GCC
community gets to decide if this conversion is acceptable to them, instead
of being confronted with it as a fait accompli.

> I want to also take this opportunity to thank Maxim for the work he has
> done.  Having that fallback option has meant that we could press harder
> for a timely solution and has also driven several significant
> improvements to the overall result.  I do not think we would have
> achieved as good a result overall if he hadn't developed his scripts.

And my thanks go to you and everyone else who tried to make this result
in a git conversion that is the most useful for us, the GCC developers
(and other consumers of our repo)!

Segher