On Tue, 14 Apr 2020, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >I think that means that dmarc_moderation_action: "Munge From" can
> >simply be switched off then (at least I don't see which other headers
> >e.g.  gcc@ is rewriting that would cause DMARC to scream; and if there
> >are any, then it would be better to disable those as well.  Same with
> >any potential body rewriting that might still happen).
>
> It can't be switched off if we strip html attachments.

 Based on current usage would instead plain rejecting e-mail with any HTML
attachments be a viable way to move forward?

> >I would offer help testing that this doesn't cause delivery issues, e.g.
> >on some test email list, but it seems none of my domains is DMARC-infected
> >:-/
>
> Nevertheless, offers of help are appreciated (and rare).  :-)

 I'm in a `p=none' domain at this e-mail address, so technically I would
say it has been quite reasonably configured and therefore none of our
people should have to choose between suffering from `From' munging or
persuading the postmasters to change the configuration or switching to
another MTA for mailing list submissions.

 Therefore I'd be happy to participate in testing a solution for disabling
`From' munging for `p=none' domains.

  Maciej