On 12/05/2020 10:05, Martin Liška wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks to Jakub, we finally set up an experimental environment:
> gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-8.git
>
> The repository now contains a new pre-commit hook that validates
> the git commit format ([1]) and provides a reasonable error message
> when violated. The hook is based on [2] and the page also contains
> a fuzzy definition of what is supported. Cloning [2], one can also
> check what will be added to ChangeLog entries by:
>
> $ ./git_changelog.py /home/marxin/Programming/gcc-reposurgeon-8
> 8a37df5e5cb2de8302f9412173103593ec53961e
> ------ gcc/ChangeLog ------

I realize you're trying to create a unique marker, but this is a bit of
a mouthful to type for each entry.  Couldn't we have a simpler unique
syntax which is very unlikely to occur in a normal part of a log file?
Perhaps something like

@@CL gcc

would be equivalent to the above and is much less than half the length
to type.

Also, a marker to indicate the end, so that if git annotations appear,
they can never get appended accidentally, eg, an empty "@@CL" marker
with no directory.