On 4/16/2021 10:08 PM, Frosku wrote:
On Sat Apr 17, 2021 at 5:05 AM BST, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 4:16 PM Frosku <fro...@frosku.com> wrote:
When I refer to a 'California cultural standard', that's not prescriptive. It's
just a reference to the fact that a *lot* of the SC live in California, and any
culture prescribed by the steering committee will be overly influenced by that
commonality.
To the best of my knowledge, 2 of the 13 members of the GCC steering
committee live in California.

Ian
And the rest of the west coast United States / New England?

I'm not aware of anywhere in the US that is a monoculture in the way you seem to be implying.  And if you really believe there are those kinds of monocultures , then you're showing a high degree of ignorance.

FTR, I've never resided on the west coast of the US or in the traditionally defined New England states.

Jeff