Hi everyone,

my name is Tim and I'm also working on the static analyzer this summer. Some of you might already noticed my nooby questions in the IRC ;). Specifically, I'll be working on extending the analyzer with several smaller warnings that the clang analyzer already has. David created a meta-bug[0] with the results of the discussion between him and me about the gap and what seems to be useful.

I won't do all of those but rather look how many of them I'm able to get done until September. I will begin with a Cast Size warning. This emits a warning when the tracked allocation size is not a multiple of the pointee's size, e.g., when casting malloc(10) to int*.

Furthermore, in preparation for the official coding phase, I played around a bit with a state machine that tracks whether an int is zero or not. So this is probably my next candidate after cast size.

- Tim

[0] https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=105887&hide_resolved=1

  • GSoC Γιωργος Μελλιος via Gcc