On 1/30/23 5:46 AM, Sam James wrote:

On 30 Jan 2023, at 06:27, Steve Kargl via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Please remove the skull and cross bones in the subject line.

This is a sourceware project so I've CC'd the buildbot mailing list where we
discuss
these matters.

Does the emoji bother you, or is it the skull and crossbones specifically
(which is
a recognised symbol for a hazard)?

Note that this is the default upstream from the Buildbot project (we use their
software) too. We haven't chosen it ourselves.

Thanks,
sam

As long as your asking it just looks stupid, childish to think anyone needs an emoji in what we try think is a professional product. ( Too informal? )

If that's not enough, how about corny, or something for 12 year olds.

Yep, it's just stupid. I don't have an issue with bots, I just don't need emojis outside of my personal chats on my phone.

If it is suppose to be a notification, how about just the word "Alert" or "Notice"

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry