papszWarpOptions = CSLSetNameValue(papszWarpOptions, "INIT_DEST", "nan" );

than I get zeros again in place of the nodata.
Works for me. You'll have to use your debugger I'm afraid

For the rec, VS2010 and a quite recent trunk version.

papszWarpOptions = CSLSetNameValue(papszWarpOptions, "INIT_DEST", "NO_DATA"
); ...
        psWO->padfSrcNoDataReal = (double *)
CPLMalloc(psWO->nBandCount*sizeof(double)); psWO->padfSrcNoDataImag =
(double *) CPLMalloc(psWO->nBandCount*sizeof(double)); for (i = 0; i<
nBands; i++) {
                psWO->padfSrcNoDataReal[i] = 500.;
                psWO->padfSrcNoDataImag[i] = 0.0;
                GDALSetRasterNoDataValue( GDALGetRasterBand(hDstDS, i+1),
pdfDstNodata[0]); }
Hum, do you realize that you set padfSrcNoDataReal ? INIT_DEST=NO_DATA will
fetch from padfDstNoDataReal as stated in the above doc...

Ghrrrrrrrrrr, blind copy-paste is-what-it-was

THANKS

psWO->padfDstNoDataReal[i] = mxGetNaN(); // ( mxGetNaN() --> a Matlab API function)

Works fine now.

Joaquim

Read the error message again ;-) "does not support direct output file
creation"-->  netCDF driver indeed only supports CreateCopy(), not Create()
(-->  random access) which is required by gdalwarp.

The drivers that are supported as output driver for gdalwarp will have a '+'
in the output of gdalinfo --formats. Look at the difference betwenn GeoTIFF
and netCDF:

    GTiff (rw+v): GeoTIFF
    netCDF (rw): Network Common Data Format