Yes, it had a small image attached.
But never mind, I ended up finding that the crash resulted from the fact that some other gdal.dll without sqlite driver managed to get in the way. The bad new was that, once this solved, I got another crash latter but there is nothing in it that I can relate to gdal, so issue is closed here.
Thanks to people that tried to help.

Joaquim

On 2016-09-14 6:55 PM, Joaquim Luis wrote:
FWIW, my reply with an attached image is waiting for approval.

Joaquim, I checked in the mailman backend and I don't see a message being held. But for sure always always when using mailing lists never try attaching things, for example if you need to include an image just use an external service like http://pasteboard.co/ and include the url to that image, in your response.

-jeff