Hi

Do you know if there is any performance comparison between gdal2tiles and
COG?

To display our geotiffs we are currently running gdal2tiles and storing the
(gazillion) tiles in Amazon S3. Then a webpage with openlayers is showing
them in WebMercator.
We are considering moving to make a COG file with the option
TILING_SCHEME=GoogleMapsCompatible and use also openlayers to read it (from
the same S3 server). However, our first tests are not running very fast
displaying the map in the browser.

I do not know if anybody else had studied it, and if there is any trick to
make it faster.

PS. I cannot use JPEG compression (with alpha) with openlayers, but that is
another problem... or maybe not.

Thanks,
Javier.
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.