> On Dec 8, 2023, at 1:04 PM, Laurențiu Nicola via gdal-dev
> <gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>  - GeoTIFF DEFLATE 280 MB
>  - Zarr BLOSC zlib NONE 281 MB
>  - Zarr BLOSC zlib BIT 253 MB
>  - Zarr BLOSC zlib BYTE 249 MB

If floating point compression performance in TIFFs is the primary concern,
don't sleep on investigating LERC. I'm curious what LERC with a stated
precision (MAX_Z_ERROR) does for these. In my experience, it's tough to beat
LERC with a stated precision for floating point content if your expected
readers can consume the encoding. We use it all the time for elevation content,
and both QGIS and ArcGIS can consume them without trouble.

LINZ wrote up a really nice report about LERC for their elevation content.
https://github.com/linz/elevation/tree/master/docs/tiff-compression

Howard
  • ... Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] via gdal-dev
    • ... Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] via gdal-dev
      • ... Rahkonen Jukka via gdal-dev
  • ... Laurențiu Nicola via gdal-dev
    • ... Even Rouault via gdal-dev
      • ... Laurențiu Nicola via gdal-dev
        • ... Even Rouault via gdal-dev
          • ... Laurențiu Nicola via gdal-dev
            • ... Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] via gdal-dev
            • ... Even Rouault via gdal-dev
    • ... Howard Butler via gdal-dev