The water blocks can be made with plain gelatin or agar. You would use the
recipe that comes with the powder.
Cyndy

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Loucek <jclou...@yahoo.com>

Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:40:21
To: <gecko@lists.gekkota.com>
Subject: Re: [gecko] cricket colonies

Hey Gang -

I am helping my MS advisor set up a cricket colony for mass production.

I seem to recall seeing pictures of someone's setup - probably a kingsnake.com
vendor's webpage.  It was a pretty big operation that could be likened to a
rodent
colony (e.g., racks of tubs).

He and some undergrads have the breeding down, they just need to figure out the
organization so all the sizes aren't mixed, and then ramping up to produce
enough
to meet demand.

Also, anyone have a "home recipe" for those water blocks?

thanks,

Joe
-   Gecko-less, at this time :(