Well, from my point of view it's a matter of the integrity of the GGA. We are
first of all an association which releases scientific publications. I don't
agree on the idea to accept everyone's money and smile to people who only care
about their personal profit, not about scientific reseaches and objectivity,
and who gladly sell future corpses. That's maybe a real American point of view
"business is business and there's nothing wrong with that", but outside the US
there are different ways of managing societies. Just suppose we were a society
on venomous snakes, it's just like we would welcome all illegal keepers as long
as they pay their fee.
Sorry, but I just can't work under these conditions. Brittney herself admitted
she was doing wrong by selling all these morphs and intergrades and told me in
private she wanted to change her collections to other less popular species,but
without the morph component.
The French have a saying about "money having no particular smell", well, in
some cases, there are some stinky banknotes. As the ONLY society specialized in
geckos around the world, I believe we have a moral duty to keep away from any
wrong practice, from smugglers and from apprentice wizards who try to produce
expensive but genetically rotten geckos which glow in the dark. If you find it
elitist, that's not my intention: it's a matter of keeping ethics inside the
GGA and be exemplar on all sides.
Kind greetings,
Hervé

Editor
 of the Global Gecko Association http://www.gekkota.com
Administrateur du forum
reptiles, rongeurs et amphibiens Les Dragons d'Asgard
http://dragonsdasgard.actifforum.com