Hello,

I use Geeqie to select photographs from very large collections, such as the
thousands I might take on a shoot. As it stands, run through the photographs in
a directory, deleting the ones that I don't think should make it to the next
stage of the selection process. I usually do this a number of times, using
different directories, until I have a small handful that I like.

Because I the selection process is subjective, I add safety measures such as
copying the photographs to a new directory for each run, or running through a
copy of the same directory twice so that I can merge the selection pools of two
identical runs. This is a tedious process, and prone to errors.

I would like to suggest the following features:

  * A scorecard for each photo that can be incremented or decremented using
    keyboard shortcuts. Two obvious shortcuts would be "-" and "=". After
    pressing a key, a notification area could display the score.

  * A way of sorting on the list of photographs by score.

I could then change my workflow to:

  * Go into a random, repeated, slideshow of a directory of photographs.

  * Run through the slideshow multiple times, scoring each photograph with
    either a single positive or single negative vote, or perhaps none.

  * Sort the directory of photographs by score.

  * Delete all those photographs bellow a certain threshold.

What do you think? Perhaps this is already possible?

Thanks,