Hi folks,

Am Mo den  7. Mär 2016 um  2:15 schrieb DrSlony:
> Geeqie has been my favorite image viewer for a long time, but I'm
> troubled by the status of the project.
>
> First there is the multiple dead websites issue. There is
> http://www.geeqie.org/
> and there is also
> http://geeqie.sourceforge.net/
> These are almost identical, and both appear to be quite dead. For
> instance, the front page of both reads:
> "Geeqie is currently short before releasing stable release 1.0"

Well, the later is dead as all that are able to edit it, are not active
or even reachable anymore.

www.geeqie.org is current but nobody cares about doing stuff here. My
priority for updating website is much lower than fixing bugs.

> Then there is the status of the project itself. The project looks dead,
> and most people think it is. When one looks for the code, one ends up at
> this very slow to load page
> https://sourceforge.net/p/geeqie/git/commit_browser

That repository is not used anymore. Sourceforge is a untrusted and evil
hoster that modifies downloads. So do not trust them.

Please look at http://www.geeqie.org/ for the current one.
(http://geeqie.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=geeqie.git)

> But if, for some reason, one keeps digging, one might end up here
> http://www.geeqie.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=geeqie.git

Well, there is a link on the website.

> Clearly still alive. But it lacks any way of getting in contact with
> you.

What about this mailinglist? Well, it is still on sourceforge as we
don't have other currently.

There is even the information in whois if you need my technical
contact.

The last is to look into the git commits. There are always the full
E-Mail addresses.

> When I click on the developers, I see their commits, but not way of
> getting in touch.

Use a native git client or click on the commit.

> I don't know if this email will reach the right people, I really have no
> idea how to get in touch with the active developers, but if I do, I
> propose to help improve this situation.
>
> Are you interested?

Sure. If you find something to improve... Just come up with a git
formated patch or a bundle.

Am Mo den  7. Mär 2016 um  7:21 schrieb Roger:
> geeqie-1.2-r1 seems to be the latest stable on my distro,

What distribution are you using? They should use more recent version
witch has many bugfixes implemented currently.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <kl...@ethgen.ch>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C