I support ideas (2) and (3) by Andreas.

For (1), as long as MIPS/SPARC are working for the SimpleCPUs then whoever
wants to take up MIPS/SPARC for the new InOrderCPU can do so.

It may also make sense to simply rename the current InOrder code to
something more innocuous rather than completely deprecate it if people are
worried about a transition.

-Korey

- Korey