Hi Nilay,

I think the “DMA” bit of this tester was broken and rather pointless. In
essence the MemTest is only fit for testing false sharing, and that is
what it now does. I do not quite understand what a DMA has to do with any
of that.

Separately we will now have a tester that actually tests actual sharing,
and does so using larger chunks of data being touched (in units of whole
cache lines). I think this is a much more sensible strategy.

What is the value of the “DMA” bit in MemTest and why does it make sense
to keep it there?

Andreas

On 31/01/2015 15:03, "Nilay Vaish" <ni...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

>> All regressions work just fine (with stats updates).
>>
>> I am about to post a separate test script that actually shares data
>>(not just false sharing), doing so based on the TrafficGen and
>>MemChecker.
>>

>Regressions are working probably because we are not testing the DMA
>controller.  I would suggest that we retain the variable.  I would change
>the regressions to test the DMA controller as well.
>
>--
>Nilay

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782