Hi,

private reply.

> On 03 Jan 2016, at 10:50 , Andreas Hansson <andreas.hans...@arm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> All architectures are built and tested on a daily basis, but unfortunately
> only using gcc 4.7 at this point. This is done by the util/regress script,
> which by default builds all architectures and Ruby protocols, and when
> passed “all” runs all regressions.
>
> The snipped you include builds fine on gcc 4.7, 4.8 and I think even 4.9
> without the override. It is only gcc 5 and clang that warns about this.
> Admittedly it would be nice to build gem5 against all supported
> combinations of tools on a regular basis, but that is unfortunately not
> done at this time.

I see.  Thanks a lot for your reply.  I’ll try to send patches, as I have MIPS
compiling with clang on FreeBSD HEAD as of last night.  Only took 90 minutes to
fix everything and push it through :)

Is that regression script available somewhere in the gem5 repo?  I am wondering
if I can run it once in a while on a FreeBSD HEAD machine and deal with the
results or at least feed them back?    Resources are a bit limited but if there
are spare cycles, why not use them.   Would that be helpful?

Greetings,
Bjoern