Hi all,

It would be great to run the regressions on a more diverse set of hosts.
We do have an issue with not being able to distribute the necessary
binaries though, so at the moment it is difficult to see how we sensibly
enable the wider audience to run the full regression suite. Perhaps this
is a good time to start contemplating switching the test binaries for
something more like the LLVM test suite? Any other suggestions?

Andreas

On 04/01/2016, 05:25, "gem5-dev on behalf of Steve Reinhardt"
<gem5-dev-boun...@gem5.org on behalf of ste...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The regression script is in util... 'util/regress' as Andreas called it is
>actually the path to run it from the root directory. If you'd be willing
>run it in your environment occasionally and keep us posted on the results
>that would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve
>

>On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 5:36 AM Bjoern A. Zeeb <
>bzeeb-li...@lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> private reply.
>>
>> > On 03 Jan 2016, at 10:50 , Andreas Hansson <andreas.hans...@arm.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Bjoern,
>> >
>> > All architectures are built and tested on a daily basis, but
>> unfortunately
>> > only using gcc 4.7 at this point. This is done by the util/regress
>> script,
>> > which by default builds all architectures and Ruby protocols, and when
>> > passed “all” runs all regressions.
>> >
>> > The snipped you include builds fine on gcc 4.7, 4.8 and I think even
>>4.9
>> > without the override. It is only gcc 5 and clang that warns about
>>this.
>> > Admittedly it would be nice to build gem5 against all supported
>> > combinations of tools on a regular basis, but that is unfortunately
>>not
>> > done at this time.
>>
>> I see.  Thanks a lot for your reply.  I’ll try to send patches, as I
>>have
>> MIPS compiling with clang on FreeBSD HEAD as of last night.  Only took
>>90
>> minutes to fix everything and push it through :)
>>
>> Is that regression script available somewhere in the gem5 repo?  I am
>> wondering if I can run it once in a while on a FreeBSD HEAD machine and
>> deal with the results or at least feed them back?    Resources are a bit
>> limited but if there are spare cycles, why not use them.   Would that be
>> helpful?
>>

>> Greetings,
>> Bjoern

medium. Thank you.