Hi Fernando,
Thanks for your contribution.
In general, I’d say that these instructions tend to capture common patterns
that could map well to a “fast-path” implementation.
Cracking them in a conservative way might end up jeopardising their goal, as
more aggressive implementations could be possible, so I’d recommend to leave
the default “vanilla” implementation as it is and avoid cracking.
The other option could be to include your changes as a decoder flavour - see
commit d3d15974 - and leave the non-cracked version as default choice.

Thanks,
Giacomo

On 14/10/2016, 14:26, "gem5-dev on behalf of Fernando Endo"
<gem5-dev-boun...@gem5.org on behalf of fernando.en...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I'd like to know if the following patch may interest the community.
>
>I split conditionally executed AArch64 instructions into two or three uops,
>in order to use at most 3 register file ports, instead of 4 in the current
>code. The vast majority if not all AArch64 uops use up to 3 RF ports.
>
>More specifically:
>
>CSEL (and similarly CSINC, CSINV, CSNEG FCSEL) are split as follows:
>CSEL Rd, Rn, Rm, cond
>uop 1: (cond) ? Tmp0 = Rn : 0
>uop 2: (!cond) ? Tmp1 = Rm : 0
>uop 3: Rd = Tmp0 + Tmp1
>
>CCMN  (and similarly CCMP, FCCMP) are split as:
>CCMP Rn, Rm, #imm, cond
>uop 1: Tmp_nzcv = CMP Rn, Rm
>uop 2: (cond) ? nzcv = Tmp_nzcv : #imm
>
>Just asking because the patch works in my branch, I didn't rebase/test over
>gem5 mainstream.
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Fernando A. Endo, Post-doc