Hi Gabe,

thanks for reporting this. I will look into it and hopefully post a patch
soon. Maybe it would be best to leave QT threads out completely and use
pthreads on all platforms. However, in the past, this caused some trouble on
x86 when linking to gem5.

Kind regards,
Christian

On Friday, 19 May 2017 09:25:51 CEST Gabe Black wrote:
> Hi folks. We've just started to run into some problems building on ARM
> because the systemc build fails out. While investigating, I found a couple
> problems which are to blame.
>
> First, the SConscript seems to be assuming that it should be using the QT
> threading implementation which requires architecture specific assembly
> files. There is no file for ARM, so that will fail on ARM. Some Googling
> suggests that systemc can in fact be built for ARM, but it needs to use
> pthreads for its threading implementation.
>
> That led me to discover that the files which should be used with pthreads,
> src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_pthread.cpp, are already being included, and the
> -pthread flag is being enabled unconditionally. I think those things should
> be left out when using the QT threading library, and similarly the assembly
> file shouldn't be required when building on ARM with pthreads.
>
> Gabe

Dipl.-Ing. Christian Menard
Research Assistant

TU Dresden