Hi Gabe,

It's not a bug. curTick() gets magically inserted when serializeAll() is
called. I'd be OK if you wanted to pull this out into Python instead of
hiding it in the C++ implementation. There are a couple of other things
that do this, I think. fork() is one example, but it does the string
replace in Python.

https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/master/src/sim/serialize.cc#667.

Jason