Hey Gabe,

Sorry for the slow response. I've been hoping to make more progress on the
testing framework, but as always, it's been put on the back burner.

The current state is that things should be all working. The best thing you
could help with is adding new tests (e.g., for systemc) and porting old
tests over to find the missing features, missing documentation, etc. I have
some patches that are very close to being ready for memory tests (e.g.,
traffic gen) and CPU tests, but I'm working with some students to get them
pushed and it's taking longer than I hoped. Hopefully, this will happen in
the next couple of weeks.

Related, I think the jenkins/kokoro integration is very close as well. I
was working on it last month, and I remember everything mostly working. I
think it just needed some more testing (preferably with more tests). I'll
have some time the week of the 14th to look into this more.

Let me know if you have any specific questions on how to add tests to the
new testing framework. I tried to write good documentation in TESTING.md,
but it may be missing things. I'll be more responsive next time :).

Cheers,
Jason

>>> https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/14916
>>> https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/14917