From: Jason Lowe-Power <ja...@lowepower.com>
Sent: 26 April 2019 17:49
To: Giacomo Travaglini
Cc: gem5 Developer List
Subject: Re: [gem5-dev] Continuous integration is live!

Hi Giacomo,

You *do* have permission :). Anyone can modify tests/jenkins/presubmit.cfg and
presubmit.sh. In fact, if you look at the history of the presubmit.sh, it *was*
running the old tests. See
https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/testing/jenkins-gem5-prod/+/18028, for
instance.

The problem is that we can't distribute most of the binaries (e.g., SPEC
binaries). We could probably upload them to a private location on the Google
Cloud and have jenkins consume them that way, but I believe that will be more
work than it's worth.

I personally believe that putting effort into porting tests is more worth
everyone's time than trying to get the old tests to run, but that's just my
opinion. I'm happy to merge changes to run the old tests. I personally believe
we should only merge tests into the verification tester which everyone can run
locally, but I'm open to proprietary tests, especially in the short term if we
have a plan to make them not proprietary.

Cheers,
Jason

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 9:36 AM Giacomo Travaglini