Hi Giacomo,

In tests/main.py we call scons and use the current environment defaults to
build gem5. I don't know if the kokoro infrastructure supports other
compilers. This might be something that Rahul can address.

I'm also not sure if we can find a way to run more compilations in parallel
on Kokoro. I'm happy to refactor the test scripts to do this. However, as
it is, we are currently compiling at least 4 binaries mostly sequentially,
which is making the testing take a significant amount of time. If we add
more compilers (and more Ruby protocols), this is going to begin to get out
of hand. It would also be good to compile .fast, .opt, and .debug, but I
believe we're only compiling .opt right now.

Cheers,
Jason