Hi folks. Some changes I have up for review had been held off waiting for
our first release. Now that the branch for that has been created, we should
(I think) be able to take a look at those changes and get them checked in.
Those are in three groups, in increasing order of complexity:

1. Removing some very old ifdefs for SimpleScalar compatibility.

https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/25012

2. Deleting the Alpha ISA.

https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/25148

3. Creation of "Workload" objects which encapsulate FS workloads for now
(OS, baremetal, or firmware environment setup), and will in the future also
be fake OS objects which create/support process objects for SE simulations.

https://gem5-review.googlesource.com/c/public/gem5/+/24651

These have been partially reviewed already, so thanks to those folks who've
already looked at them. Please take another look if you have a chance, and
lets get them checked in!

Gabe