Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to keep the gem5 gui up to date with
either gem5 or python. I'm afraid that the code has undergone a lot of
bitrot over the past couple of years.

If it's any help, I can point you to what I use in my grad classes:
https://jlpteaching.github.io/comparch/modules/gem5/index/

Cheers,
Jason