>   A few (a vast minority) of .isa files for x86 should have UM copyright on
> them. There are a couple which are copied basically from Alpha/SPARC which
> should be fairly obvious since I think they have other people in the
> authors. There are a few which I did a little with while working over the
> semester which could also have UM added.
Can you list them?  I'm not going to go through them.

> There's also a temporal issue where
> UM copyrights might not be applicable on changsets before a certain date,
> but to be technically correct should be applied afterwards.
I don't get this.  You mean when you were at HP full time?

> I think the cost
> of being super exact is more trouble than it's worth and over copyrighting
> stuff might be the way to go. Another thing I'm thinking is that a lot of
> those .isa files are fairly short, and having two copyrights on them could
> make them an order of magnitude (or more) longer than they would be
> otherwise. There's going to be a LOT of extra text there that might go
> better in a generic license file for all that code than in every single
> file. I'll leave that up to you guys.
We have to put the license on every file.  I agree that there are tons
of files.  Can you clean that up to reduce the number?  I never really
understood why you had so many.

> Also, I haven't at any point in the
> entire time I've been working with M5 done anything with the copyrights,
> including the dates, other than change the authors line. The dates on files
> I did are worked on are probably totally nonsense. Aren't copyrights good
> for like a thousand years anyway?
Can you fix them up after the repository is done?  You should be
updating dates on any files that you make major revisions to.  We all
should.  Copyrights are generally between 50-100 years.

  Nate