> So you were thinking it should be 'int buffer_size(10)'?
No.  This is what I was getting at about organic growth.  I think = is
the natural choice given what is there, but if we were to try to start
with a fresh language that tried to be C++-like, I'm not sure we would
have gotten down this path.  That said, I don't use the language and
I'm not clear that being C++-like buys that much.

> I thought I was doing well to use '=' and not ':=' :-)
:= and = have become very confused.   Is there a real semantic
difference, or is it simply that some syntax uses = while other syntax
uses :=.

  Nate