Hello,

I don't believe there is a way to dynamically change these things
"out-of-the-box". However, it's certainly possible to accomplish these
things with changes to gem5's code. Each of those configuration options
would likely require different changes.

One thing gem5 *does support* is changing the configuration when restoring
from a checkpoint. You can checkpoint with one configuration and restore
with substantially different configuration. You may be able to look at the
checkpointing and checkpoint restore logic to get an idea of how to
implementing changing configurations on the fly.

If you do implement this support, it would be amazing if it was accessible
from the Python configuration. Also, it would be a great addition to gem5.

Cheers,
Jason