From: gem5-users
<gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org>> on behalf of
Jason Lowe-Power <ja...@lowepower.com<mailto:ja...@lowepower.com>>
Date: Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 09:50
Subject: Re: [gem5-users] Reconfiguring the X86 during run time

Hello,

I don't believe there is a way to dynamically change these things
"out-of-the-box". However, it's certainly possible to accomplish these things
with changes to gem5's code. Each of those configuration options would likely
require different changes.

One thing gem5 *does support* is changing the configuration when restoring from
a checkpoint. You can checkpoint with one configuration and restore with
substantially different configuration. You may be able to look at the
checkpointing and checkpoint restore logic to get an idea of how to
implementing changing configurations on the fly.

If you do implement this support, it would be amazing if it was accessible from
the Python configuration. Also, it would be a great addition to gem5.

Cheers,
Jason

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 2:52 PM Munirah Almatouq