Hello,

I am going to simulate a system with large memory capacity.

As far as I know, the current gem5 ARM platform can support up to 2GB
memory (VExpress_EMM machine).
I thought this limitation is a bit related to VExpress target board
configuration. So I am trying to manipulate dtb file to increase memory
capacity of a simulated system.

Is it a right (or reasonable) way to make memory size bigger? Does kernel
also need to be re-compiled to support >2GB memory?

Can anyone teach me what the actual limiting factor of memory size in gem5
ARM configuration is, and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Dong-Wan Kim