Hi Victor,

I see the problem now.

In install-spec2017 script line 21
(https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5-resources/+/refs/heads/stable/src/spec-2017/disk-image/spec-2017/install-spec2017.sh#21),
we replace the default gcc_dir so that specmake will use
Ubuntu-installed gcc rather than spec's one.
More specifically, it will replace
gcc_dir = "/opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr"
by
gcc_dir = "/usr"

However, in your SPEC 2017 disc, it comes with devtoolset-9 and not
devtoolset-7.

So, one way to fix that is to change "devtoolset-7" in the line 21 to
"devtoolset-9".

Regards,
Hoa Nguyen