First of all, thanks Hoa for the help. Indeed, there was an issue with the
gcc directory.

Unfortunately, I'm having some other issues as well.

1) With the gem5 resources method, the intrate benchmarks build and train
successfully in the vm. (Only 502.gcc_r has a problem). However, using
run_spec.py to run them with gem5 results in an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "build/X86/python/m5/main.py", line 457, in main
  File "~/spec2017/gem5-resources/configs/run_spec.py", line 254, in
<module>
    root, system = create_system(linux_kernel_path, disk_image_path,
  File "~/spec2017/gem5-resources/configs/run_spec.py", line 142, in
create_system
    system = MySystem(kernel = linux_kernel_path,
  File "~/spec2017/gem5-resources/configs/system/system.py", line 63, in
__init__
    self.system_port = self.membus.cpu_side_ports
  File "build/X86/python/m5/SimObject.py", line 1277, in __getattr__
*AttributeError: object 'SystemXBar' has no attribute 'cpu_side_ports'*
  (C++ object is not yet constructed, so wrapped C++ methods are
unavailable.)

I know that gem5 has made some changes recently to the naming of the ports,
but looking at SystemXBar there is definitely a cpu_side_ports object.

2) I've also tried the approach using gem5art based on this
<http://www.gem5.org/documentation/gem5art/tutorials/spec-tutorial>
tutorial. There are two issues.
a) I get an error that there is no -E option for the celery command.
Looking at the documentation of celery and at --help, there's no mention of
an -E option.
b) At the end of the launch_spec2017_experiment.py file, there is mention
of run_script_repo that is not defined as an artifact beforehand. Should it
be defined, and if yes how?

Thanks,
Victor