On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 16:13 -0800, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2013, at 3:58 PM, Elwyn Davies <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> > Would it cause problems to add "irrespective of the order that the
> name/value pairs appear in the JSON string" to the end of the first
> sentence in the above?
> 
> Define "problems". Seriously. As I said earlier, we took two runs at
> getting better consensus in this area, and failed. Is it a "problem"
> for us to take another month trying to do so? If that's what we need
> to do, we can do it. I propose that the likelihood of this is either
> low (because people are just as dug in as they have been for months)
> or high (because people are now exhausted with the topic).
> 
> I'm still confused about why you keep asking. You have said that this
> is "minor", and that we shouldn't be forced into anything, but you
> keep coming back on this topic. Can you be a bit clearer on why this
> is so important to you, given that the document already has a
> paragraph about the interoperability issues? If we're completely
> missing something, we should work on it; but I'm hearing very mixed
> messages from you about the topic.
> 
> --Paul Hoffman

I am coming at it from the perspective of a user.  When I was first
doing things with JSON, I could not find anything that told me either
that array elements could be anything or that object order didn't
mattter.  This wasted time for me and affected the code I was writing.

There are quite a lot of potential users.

/Elwyn

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

Reply via email to