Hi Robert,

>Your changes below are fine.
>
>I added Paul and Richard because of their involvement in adding the 3gpp text.
>
>I'm not ok with the 3gpp scope as written.
>It makes no sense to claim this is a proposed standard for the Internet and 
>say "it's not defined for any part of the Internet that's not 3gpp".
>I would expect most of the IESG to have the same reaction.
>
>It would be different, and less objectionable, to say "it's not likely to be 
>particularly useful anywhere but in a 3GPP network".
>
>I still think you should just remove last paragraph of the introduction, and 
>section 2 altogether.

I assume that we then also have to remove "3rd-Generation Partnership Project 
(3GPP)" from the title?

Regards,

Christer


On 1/7/15 3:11 AM, Christer Holmberg wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Are you ok with the suggested changes?
>
> I suggest that we don't change the 3GPP scope. It would delay the draft, and 
> nobody has shown any interest for non-3GPP usage.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christer
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gen-art [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Christer 
> Holmberg
> Sent: 19. joulukuuta 2014 16:10
> To: Robert Sparks; General Area Review Team
> Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Fwd: Gen-art LC review: 
> draft-holmerg-dispatch-iotl-03.txt
>
> Hi,
>
>>> Nits/editorial comments:
>>>
>>>> Since you are providing an extension point for other values, 
>>>> someone will ask if you need a registry for those values. I suggest 
>>>> explicitly saying we are not creating a registry at this time but 
>>>> expect to do so if the extension point is ever used to head that 
>>>> conversation off.
>>> I could add the following text to the Syntax/General section:
>>>
>>>     "This specification does not create an IANA registry for 'iotl' 
>>> parameter values.
>>>     If new parameters values are defined in the future, such registry needs 
>>> to be
>>>     created."
>>>
>>> Or, do you think it should be somewhere else?
>> It's fine there. However, I would change the last sentence to "A registry 
>> should be considered if new parameter values are defined in the future".
> Ok.
>
>       "This specification does not create an IANA registry for 'iotl' 
> parameter values.
>       A registry should be considered if new parameter values are defined in 
> the future"
>
> ---------------
>
>>>> The sentence (which occurs in the abstract and introduction) "The 
>>>> directionality in traffic legs relates to a SIP request creating a 
>>>> dialogue and stand-alone SIP request." does not parse. What is it 
>>>> trying to say, and why is it important?
>>> The sentence is not needed (and it doesn't belong in the Abstract to begin 
>>> with), so I suggest to remove it.
>> You'll remove it from the introduction as well?
> Yes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

Reply via email to