2011/3/15 Carissa Wodehouse <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
> Yep I do find both of those videos too basic
> (http://www.howcast.com/videos/317521-How-To-Edit-a-Wikipedia-Article and
> http://www.commoncraft.com/wikipedia-video). I get the nuts and bolts of how
> to click around, I know basic html when I see it, and I remember neutral
> tone and proper citations from college and time in publishing (but gotta
> love a video on the internet that explains that you need an internet
> connection).

Lol. Thanks for sharing your experience of those resources.

> The Howcast referenced the Wiki:Cite page, which I then find
> confusing because I don't get when to use each citation method.

Do you find this page useful?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Citations_quick_reference

I personally like the cheatsheet approach -- IMO a high quality video
would be designed in parallel with the reference resources that you
can go to for further info. Not all collaboratively written help
documents are useless, but lots of them suffer from information
overload and poor (i.e. no) instructional design.
-- 
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

Support Free Knowledge: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to