Yeah, George! A definite role model for the list; but with such a common 
sense attitude, you should feel free to post a tiny bit more :-)

On 3/14/2011 8:33 PM, George Herbert wrote:
>
> I realize that my replying is in a sense violating what I'm about to
> say below, but...
>
> I and some others who are male are here and either listening, or
> listening and briefly asking what the women present (and absent) feel
> about things and not asserting what you do or should think.
>
> I would appreciate not being locked out of part of the discussion.  I
> appreciate that doing so necessarily means I should be minimizing my
> speaking out, and maximizing my listening, and I hope I've done so
> successfully.
>
> That said, if the dynamics here overall have created a list which is
> not optimal for encouraging women to participate, which I can clearly
> see is possible, I understand your wanting to do something about it.
> Two lists as proposed might be necessary.
>
> If this has happened on the list designed to talk about and fix the
> problem of that happening...  *bang head on the wall*   Talk about
> frustrating.  We're supposed to be the "good guys", literally 8-(
>
>
> My two cents, and I will now go back to listening.
>
>

_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to